French fries are one of Potato fries served worldwide, while Belgium has recently claimed that fries originated in Belgium. The two nations have got their own different stories about the invention. Both had said the fries were introduced among fishermen, soldiers and poor people.
What is the term ‘French’ from?
“French” was introduced during World War I.
British and American soldiers arrived in Belgium tried them and it was because of French was there as the official language. Unfortunately, they tasted the Belgian fries later.
French fries are also called in other languages ‘Pommes frites, frites in French, or ‘frieten Dutch has become better known worldwide as a snack and side-dish menu.
French fries are found among French spoken nations and communities worldwide. Look how fries around the world are served.
the origin of ‘French fries’.
– Sold in shops called friteries (French), frietkot/frituur (Dutch), or Fritüre/Frittüre (German).
– Served with a large variety of Belgian sauces and eaten either on their own or with other snacks such as fricandelle or burgers.
#2 Quebec of Canada
– Poutine is made with French fries, topped with cheese curds and light brown gravy-like.
– Frites or pommes frites or patates frites is commonly known.
– The word “aiguillettes” or allumettes (matches – ไม้ขีด) is used when the French fries are very small and thin.
– Patatas fritas or papas fritas.
– Patatas bravas is made from the potatoes cut into irregular shapes and seasoned with a spicy tomato sauce, served as brunches.
#5 The Netherlands
– Patat, called in the north and, Friet in the south.
– Fries are sold at snack bars, often served with sauce Fritessaus or curry ketchup.
#6 United Kingdom
– Fish and chips
– It is originally a hot dish of English consisting of battered fish, commonly Atlantic cod or haddock, and deep-fried chips.
#7 United States and the World
– Found in the thin style of French fries.
– Popularly served in the large American fast-food chains, McDonald’s, Burger King and Wendy’s.
and Thailand, you would be overwhelmed by the fries.
Other forms of fries